View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: How Kenny Tran Rates Internet Players

[ QUOTE ]
ANd how many of those people are actually playing for real money?? Maybe 10k if you're lucky. Out of those 10k, how many are playing the stakes that are relevant to this discussion? The games have shrunk since last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the games have shrunk. The statement was:

"stop lying about making money on the internet..No one plays there anymore except you guys -- you are just passing your bankroll to one another"

Im not touching on the first part or second part because its impossible to prove. I make money every month. I know lots of people who do. If that means we win from other 2+2ers (using a really loose definition of course) its irrelivent. A worse player is a worse player.

Anyway I decided to do 2 minutes of research. Stars averages 11.5k cash game players every day - note id imagine there are anywhere up to twice as many playing SnGs and MTTs but i cant be bothered spending more time researching it.

Across the 22 sites that PokerSiteScout tracks - 45k players are on these sites on average every day. There will be some double counting of people playing at multiple sites at once but the total will be somewhere near that figure.

Now, you wont have a fixed 45k playing day in, day out. Most of them will be losing players who will cycle in and out replacing one another and you will also have a lot of the playerbase not overlapping (ie, the euros playing in one half of the day, the americans the other half).

I think all in all ive totally crushed "No one plays [online] anymore except you guys" but feel free to counter these points.