View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Re: AA early, do you make the crying call?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
feta-
i guarantee you that even though you feel you're choosing tough hands to post, only 1 out of every 736 AA threads contain tough decisions. those are tough odds to beat. find other hands to study. someone said, if you never fold AA in microlevels, you'll be fine. that person was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think every noob has to get some AA posts out of his system...and I think I probably have a couple more in my noobishness. I'm sure you remember how frustrating it is as a novice trying to be TAG (and usually succeeding on the "T" much more than the "AG"), waiting for a good hand, getting the best, and seeing it turn to crap in a flop instant...except that maybe TP is going to be good this time, and maybe that's just a pair of Queens raising me, and, and...so while you may be right that sticking around with all AA hands may be +EV there is room for even a noob like me to learn some judgment about handling formerly-primo hole cards. After all, this is a subset of the critical learning area: "Handling TP hands" and a tough one because it's a 2-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

hermie-
sure. i know what you are saying. but seriously. just never fold AA until you internalize that never folding AA and (sometimes) losing is almost definitely good poker at almost all micro tables. at worst, you're likely missing some bets becuase you're not being aggressive enough - but that is different than trying to find a fold with AA.

focus all the energy on TT, JJ, QQ, KK where the decisions will get tougher and you are likely leaking a ton of bets.