View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: really basic bvb

I'm torn on this one, but what I've finally decided goes something like this: (1) Villain's range isn't very far removed from any two cards, and (2) a semi-bluffy player is going to suspect that you're semi-bluffing if you pop the flop or turn on this board, because, well, people have some tendency to expect other players to play like they do.

Therefore, PJ's call, call, call line has a lot of merit in this small pot, I think, versus what could very well be a 6-outer. I don't think it's so much to avoid getting 3-bet, though (although getting 3-bet by a worse flush draw or an OESD would suck unless we're still calling down UI) but more to encourage 98o to keep firing.

But I don't hate a flop or turn raise either. I mean, we should have a nice equity advantage on the flop versus Villain's range. But I'm wondering how much folding equity we really have, and also how often he'll even have a hand we want him to fold. I doubt he's folding a pair, so a raise is really aimed at unpaired Ax and Kx, and that may not make up enough of Villain's range for us to benefit greatly from folding equity (compared to the benefits of our other options), particularly if he's not always folding the Ax.

Then again, Ax and Kx together make up about 30 percent of the hands a player gets dealt, so like I said at the outset, I'm torn.