View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop B

(without looking)

Villain's raise is oddly small, but it's tough to know what that means, so I just hope that either I won't need to interpret it, or I'll be able to interpret it once I get more information.

For now, I think he's on a very wide range. It's basically any draw and any pair that he would've called with preflop. I think it's something like A8h-AJh+, 55-JJ, KTh+, JT, QTh+, 67s, 78s, 89s, 9Ts, K9, A9.

Against this range, we've got 66% equity. My original thought was to take the turn because I thought it would clarify things, but after looking at some turn cards, I no longer like that option (Equity after certain turns: 2h- 65%, 2c- 77%, 9d- 35%, Th- 55%, Ac- 68%). My problem is that the only really easy river cards to play are offsuit 2s, 3s, 4s, and Js, and our opponent gets off easy on his draws when we call the flop and bet the turn here.

So, I favor a reraise here, and given the texture of the flop, the fact that we're still pretty deep, and the fact that I really don't see getting away from this hand right now, I make it a pretty big one. I make it 900.