View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: A Preemptive Strike

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the 10-20 bb range you should open less and resteal more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a technical question: Is it still considered "opening" if I raise after one person has already limped in.

I'm sure you mean wait till somebody comes in for a raise, but I was just checking.

I figured the limp just gave me some more chips to pick up and that it was unlikely he would call such a large shove.

[/ QUOTE ]I'd almost always shove from the BB here against most ssmtt donks who limp utg. You'll get called by KT and weaker aces pretty frequently. With everyone left to act, I think AT is the borderline fold hand. I like AJ+ and 88+ to push in your spot, but I don't think AT is horrible.

By restealing, I mean reraising over a player who you read has a wide opening raise range. That doesn't apply much for this particular hand as 10xbb doesn't often give you any FE to speak of. I just mentioned that to address your complaint that you're getting short too often.

edit to add: "Opening" is usually meant as the first action when it's a raise (I specify open-limp when it's not a raise). When I say resteal vs player with wide opening range it implies that they have opened for a raise, but it can also be used vs a donk who open limps with weak hands. Obv, you don't need as many chips to shove over a limper...