View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Live No Limit $300 AC Hands against Ubermaniac.

[ QUOTE ]

Hero is one off button with stack ~$500, Uber is Big Blind. Uber has conveniently stacked $17 in chips before this hand started. Hero is dealt 10s10c. EP1 folds, EP2 folds, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2 one of the LP's calls for $2, and I call for $2, Button Folds, Small Blind Folds, Uber predictably raises to $17, all the players that called $2 call the $17, and I raise $65 on top. Uber calls, rest fold. Flop 2/7/9 rainbow. Uber Checks, I bet $200, Uber Calls. Turn is an offsuit Ace. Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy push. He's calling with much more than an A. I think I might even push the flop because it sounds like he would have called.

[ QUOTE ]

Next Hand:

Hero has ~$1100, UberManiac has ~$600.

Hero is EP w/ A/J spades. Uber is MP and showing another raise of $17. Hero Calls. Uber raises 2 callers in LP including the button. Hero raises $60. (Thoughts on this? Am I doing this with holdings that are too nominal considering the other two callers? Should I only be doing this with top ten hands?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really like this raise because you're probably getting at least one other caller and potentially both of them. So I'd save the limp/re-raise for better hands and better position, unless its becoming obvious thats what you're doing. I think you could make a case for raising quite a bit more (maybe to 100) because you're likely way ahead of uber's range and he's likely to call. But that doesn't really give the other two guys that great of odds to call with.

[ QUOTE ]

Next Hand: Hero has ~$1300 is in LP, dealt 9s/9c. Uber ~$400 is SB I think, has stacked only $12 this time before the hand. 3 Callers in between Uber and myself. Hero Raises $50, Uber calls, all others fold. Flop: 7s/2s/Qc rainbow. Uber Checks, Hero bets $100, Uber Calls. Turn: Js Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is another easy push. Maybe I'm thinking Uber is a bit worse then you think, but it sounds like he's calling here lots of time with hands that are worse then you're 9s.

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: I guess this post is as much about general strategies, calling/raising ranges against a player like this as it is about the particular hands I've posted. There are lot more hands like it, and I was in a lot of situations that I don't often find myself in live where I have no idea whatsoever what I'm up against in a hand, and how to play against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you had a great game and played it really well. Push your edges, and try to isolate the maniac. Thats about all you can do, after that you just have to buckle up and enjoy the crazy variance train to money town.