View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: USS Liberty: Accident or Cover-up?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think the Israelis were to busy those 6 days to cook up some crazy scheme. The 6-day war as setting is as 'good' as it gets to make for mistakes like this. Chaos, nervousness, itchy triggerfingers, ample room for misinterpretation of information/cues and a strong willingness to open fire.

Is my 'version' an absolute? Nah, but I'll flow with the simple scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously, don't say that the Liberty attack was an accident until you read the article I posted above. Afterwards, if you still believe it, I don't know what to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I really don't think that article changes much thb - I simply don't think it realizes just how much goes on in terms of information traffic in wartime, and that there is actually an incredibly high potential for mistakes being done due to sheer _enormous_ amount of information that passes and failing to handle the load of it.

The article also leaves out important details on the torpedo attack that followed the air raid, this seems to be an attempt to build up under the 'purposeful' angle, and that takes away a lot from its credibility.

But if you twist the questions to 'Should they have realized?' based on the information available, you can still build a very interesting case. It is not uncommon to attempt to cloud up poor judgment and inefficiency in situations like these.