View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Beat: Got angleshot by a multi-millionaire + backstory

Cliff Notes at the bottom.

What it do BBV. I went to a card club near my house for some £10 rebuy bingo. In fact this post is one long beat.

I built up from my 700 chips starting stack to 4500 and got involved in a pot when some total joker bet 1000 into a dry sidepot and then called an all in on a

5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] which busted my overpair. I never rebought.

I go over to the £1/£2 pl cash game and immediately build my stack up to £140 with a some Vbets against this millionaire. He is 70, has a pacemaker, a bentley and 2 Z3's as well as everything else he told me (I fell asleep after his 10 minute ramble).

I straddled for £4. 4 limpers and I find two black bullets. I pot it to £16 and then the final limper reraises me to £64. I shove ldo. He has £32 to call into a pot of £270. I turn over my hand because I thought he was commited with a pair getting way more than 4-1...but he tells me he wants to gamble. The board is

Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
AJ is good sir. Apparently 'I played it bad since I 'played it like I didn't have a hand so it made him call'. I reminded him that I turned my hand over...

I decide not to rebuy and the Millionaire is goading me so I ask him if he will play me for £60 at backgammon. He thinks I mean £60 a point. He finally agrees and he tells me he has beaten Gus Hansen at backgammon. I felt some brown stuff creeping through my trousers but decided to gamble.

I had £103 left in chips (yes I counted it because I'm a nit) and placed £60 in a pile - I thought he did the same.

I beat the chump 2-0 even though 'I played horribly' (do you notice the pattern here?). When I collect the money and add it to my stack I only have £133. I told him that it must be him who skanked the £30 but he said 'I assure you BOY I wouldn't do that'. I am 100% positive he didn't but cannot prove it. The only other explanation is that someone else swiped it off the table - rather unlikely.

He proceeded to call me boy and make random ululations about how considerably wealthy he is and I eventually left at 12pm not giving a [censored] about the money but knowing that some rich tw@t just cheated me.

As I walked past his brand spanking new Bentley, I had to resist the urge to key the words 'HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES BOY!!'

Cliff Notes:

1. Terrible story Don't read
2. Backgammon story totally irrelavant - I just wanted to talk about my beats.
3. Multi millionaire stiffed me out of £30
4. tl;dr
5. Roflmillionairements