View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: EPT Barcelona, Bluffing and Catching bluffs

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 4.
New table, I am chip leader of the tournament at 300/600, w/ like 90k. 4-5 limpers I check w/ J5o in the bb.

Flop comes KJ7 w/ 2 spades. checked to aggro /active guy who looks around at everyone, appearing to gauge their interest in the pot, and he fires out like 2500 (he was CO iirc). button folds, I call, rest fold.

Turn is a 8 of spades, I do not have a spade. I check, he looks at me for prob 5 seconds, looks at the board, checks his stack and pulls out 7k, I call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Physical tell is one thing. But when I read this hand, the size of turn bet is very important. That's how I spot villain's intention. Naturally, a made flush will bet for value. 7500 is at most one spade and ask us to fold.

But I don't c/r here in case he moves in with a better jack plus one spade or a weak King one spade. He obviously has something on the board and semi-bluff hoping to take it down there. When we smooth call, it may indicate to him we are ahead here and we checked to him waiting for a bet.

We also have one advantage - act first at the river, this is also why for a turn call plus river bet is better than c/r the turn. With a safe river, bet the amount that he can't bluff. a King or better Jack would fold.

(Nice play Ansky. I'll read the rest hands today. Don't want to have all the fun in one day.)