View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 16$ : QQ, overpair on a very drawy flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate calling this, and even more so, betting it. I would c/f the flop here. If you check the flop, and it gets checked around to a diamond turn, then you can bet/shove, but when you bet and then get raised all in, with a caller to that shove by UTG+1, I would fold this and lick my wounds of losing a good portion of my stack. You're drawing to a diamond with action like that, and probably drawing dead assuming one has the A diamonds or K of diamonds, and with the 5, one of them probably has a 7 or 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why not betting at all is better than a b/f on this flop. It is a scary flop for you, but it also missed everyone calling with high cards. Why not bet and fold to a shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play it tightly and just check it. You have 2 people left to act behind you, I doubt all four players will have high cards here. One is going to have a flush (draw), Ace of diamonds, OESD or gutshot may bet here. Just too many hands are going to bet out into this flop, that your bet is almost guaranteed to be raised/shoved all in, and you only lose chips that way..so I would just c/f.