View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: 6-max PLO preflop starting requirements.

I'm fairly new to Omaha. Always been a no limit hold'em guy. Unfortunately, the players on Full Tilt are nowhere near as bad at NLH as they were at Party Poker. I've had some nice results recently in low stakes PLO tournaments, too. Therefore, I figured I would give cash games a try. I'm hoping there are some bad PLO players on Full Tilt; at least more than there are bad NLH players. It seems like this could be the case because Omaha doesn't have the widespread popularity that hold'em does. Also, it seems like a game with more opportunities to make mistakes.

So, in getting started, I'm having difficulties with starting hand requirements. I've been folding hands with two queens or two jacks a lot of the time when the other two cards don't work together very well. This is because I figure if I don't flop a set, I'm probably losing.

I have also been hesitant to raise preflop. This is probably because I figure with four cards in everyone's hand, so much can change after the flop. My premium hand can turn into trash pretty quickly. I think I'm OK at knowing when I'm beat post flop, but I should probably raise more often when I enter the pot.

I've also been shying away from the lower suited connectors. I guess this is because I'm afraid to make a flush and lose. I've already seen a ton of flush over flush situations.

I'm rambling, but I'm just trying to lay out some of the issues I'm facing as I learn PLO.