View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: KK...a thought process in the heat of battle.

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand this at all.you mean, if i call the flop and raise the turn, i am paying more to draw? how so? if he 3 bets the turn i'm not calling, and if i think theres a good chance he's got AA i'm not betting the river if he checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would he 3 bet the turn with QQ or JJ? How about KK? You are certain enough that a turn 3 bet from UTG means AA, that you can fold your hand?

This is the problem I have with your line. I play at lower limits than you do, and I see erratic players that badly overplay their hands frequently. I could never trust my hand reading to tell the difference between AA and QQ in a pot this big. So I would raise the flop, cap it if UTG 3-bets, and then if UTG leads the turn, I’m calling one on the turn.

I paid 3BB. Your plan only played 2.5BB, but you didn’t see the river card and you didn’t give yourself another chance to draw out. You will only draw out on the river 1 in 22 times, but that seems to me to be worth the extra 0.5 BB in a pot this big. You also might occasionally get a free show down, if UTG does not have AA.