View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Good Luck Hunters!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am personally against hunting

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I assume you are a vegetarian or vegan. Which is fine. At least I can respect the opinion of someone who lives the lifestyle. I still don't understand the anti-hunting people who don't think twice before purchasing their meat on Styrofoam and wrapped in plastic.

I was never an avid hunter but I used to go out for small game - although it's been years since I've done so. I never had the stomach for big game - I simply can't bring myself to shoot a deer or moose. That being said I'm more than happy to enjoy the meat once it's been butchered - even if I am a whiny [censored] when it comes to shooting the animal myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I hear a "pro-hunting" stance like this, it always revolves around the thesis that people hunt to supply food. This thesis is wrong, therefore your whole vegan spiel is way off base.

It's great that YOU has a hunter ate what you killed (at least it sounds that way) and as far as I know there's no real numbers out there, but talk to any hunter and you'll see just how many people kill for the sake of killing. Especially when it comes to small game, I always hear people talking about how they killed 12 pheasants or 10 ducks or whatever. These people aren't bringing these animals home to eat.

I used to hunt Grouse when I was younger but I haven't for years. Even as a former hunter though, with as many bad apples as there are out there, you have to respect the people who are against hunting. Only those who actually eat everything they kill are the only ones who have a right to say anything imo.