View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: General life questions / observations / random whatever thread

[ QUOTE ]
ahhhhhhhh

some of my friends have facebook, but i don't want to sign up using my real name cause i'm paranoid

i signed up with my real first name and a last name w/ the same first initial my real name, but the rest is made up

obv this is dumb, since all my friends have their real names on there

i guess i have a website and it has my real name

maybe i'll go change it if i can or sign up again (ok i have my real name there, but i'm not putting any of that bs "relationship status, mood, wtf [censored] business is it of yours cause if you don't know it i don't want you to know it" crap on there

i hate all this [censored], i've got a cell phone, aim, and now facebook.... hate this crap

[WTF IS POKING]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel ya, bro. I signed up a little while ago after holding out on all these myspace/facebook social retardation crap. The only reason I signed up was to track down old friends and be tracked down by them, and in that regard it has been an amazing success. But as far as 'poking' goes, I just ignore that stuff. I also ignore being asked to become a vampire, werewolf, join the Sith in their fight against the jedi, sending somebody a drink, buying or receiving stupid gifts, taking stupid polls and quizzes, joining inane groups, adding whatever is the latest add-on to add to your account, throwing a million photo's of yourself on your account for people all over the world to be constantly updated on your so very amazing life, etc etc.

I check it every now and then, usually when I'm feeling angry at the world.