View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Issues with Parents

since there have been a lot of OP is a loser thread, and you get the picture.

you're only seeeing htings from one side. yours. they may be dicks, but it's a 2 way street. i'm sure you don't help the cause. you don't even know what your dad does for christ sakes. take some interest.

is it so hard to pick up after yourself when they ask? or even if they don't? or not eat in your room, or keep it clean, cause it's their home, you are living rent free, and maybe they like things in order?

when was the last time you did the dishes or vacuumed without being asked?

what about having an adult like conversation about, what you both can do to make things easier on everyone like

"hey, i know it sucks i'm living here, and i'm trying, what can i do to help out until i get back on my feet? rent? pay for groceries? pay for the utilities?"

christ, get a job at starbucks. good pay, they treat their employees well. benefits at like 30 hours a week. start taking classes at community college.

be proactive, instead of feeling sorry for yourself, and so hateful to your parents. i mean, you're not the first kid to hate their parents in their youth. i mean they may be aholes now, but there's a chance it's for a reason.