Thread: Date question
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Date question

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for a relationship not to hit it and quit it fwiw

[/ QUOTE ]

movies an awful idea. It's way too standard for a first date. The first date is her first impression of you relationship-wise. Since neither of you can drive (your 18 and can't drive?) then I suggest a fairly fine restaurant in a mall (like a P.F. Changs or Cheesecake Factory quality), afterwards you can explore the mall or whatever, then maybe end it with some icecream while waiting for your parents to pick you up

I choose a more social setting over the movies because
1) this is your first date, and first real opportunity to really have some 1on1 talk time, getting to know each other. movies are for established couples or idiots on first dates that aren't interesting enough to entertain her with their personality for a few hours

2) I'm not sure what 2 is now, but maybe it was to see how she acts in a public setting

regardless, if you two are good for each other, then you'll be able to keep a steady conversation the majority of the night... and if your not, no point in taking her to the movies only to discover 3 dates later when you finally talk to her that she's lame.