View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: The rise of the fundamentalist right in America

[ QUOTE ]
You know there is an SMP forum. Some of you would really like the "atheist sandbox" over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is directed, in a way, towards me. I am agnostic. I believe that making a "this and only this" judgement is extreme when we are talking about religions. I do not fault anyone for believing what they believe. I only expressed my problems with it. They may be hurtful to read, but those are my honest opinions.

I believe that the Atheist vs Believer debate is moot at best. I would never tell anyone that they are dead wrong for believing what they believe. It is a choice of every independent human being to believe as they must. I have problems with any extreme thought. As I already expressed, most conclusions end in the center. It does not matter how much you do not like, or disagree with my opinions. They are unlikely to change, as they are not based in logic per se, but based on an emotional charge that we all need to hold on to. How that manifests is for the individual to determine. For some, that is clinging to Fundamentalists and extreme thinking, and for others, that is discounting all things surreal. I like to believe that the world of Escher exists somewhere.

The "Animal Farm" bit probably went a little too far, to be honest. I assume you get my gist.