View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Philosophical thought about LHE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1/Does LHE suck ? I, myself, have enjoyed playing it, yet people around me seem to say it is a boring and useless game and that it is not at all interesting compared to NL, ... am I stupid to like it ?

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of answer do you expect from a bunch of limit players? Play the game you like to play because you enjoy it.

[ QUOTE ]
2/If I am a normal girl and if I am right to enjoy it, how come there are so few games available ? it is true that cash games are easy to find, at all stakes, but tourneys are harder to find : I counted 7 tournaments per day on Stars (counting every stake level ... from 1.50$ to 215$) how come ?

[/ QUOTE ]

People tend to like NL action more than limit. Also, limit tourneys are hard because the blinds catch up to your stack "faster" than in NL.

[ QUOTE ]
3/About bankroll management, I've playing so far only 2c/4c stakes, but only because I was discovering the game but what stakes should I really be playing with my 260$ bankroll ? The 1000BB very consertvative rule tells me to play 10c/20c stakes, the 500BB less conservative rule tells me to play 25c/50c stakes, while the laxist 200BB rule tells me to play 50c/1$ stakes .. what would be your advice ? and also 6-max or full ring ? I've been playing 6-max because I'm used to, from NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bankroll is an illusion when playing microstakes. If you never ever want to deposit ever again, 500 BB playing full ring is pretty safe. But if you're not afraid to deposit again, play at whatever threshold you feel comfortable if you lose all your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/Well ... I was kinda looking for reassurance [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
2/I don't see why blinds catch up faster to your stack in LHE. It might be possible when you're running good (which, in NL tourney means a double-up, while in LHE, it only means a decent pot). But when you're running bad or at least, not great (you lost pots...), chances are, you're in a much worse shape in NL than in LHE. Also, small stack is not such a handicap in LHE, as long as you have enough BBs to cap a couple of streets, you're just a scary as anyone else ... while in NL you lose all your fold equity.

3/Yeah, I wanna keep it safe ... thanks ... yet : 6-max or FR ? you talk about FR, why ?

Thanks.