View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: partypoker crashed tournament refunds

I haven't played their trny's for quite a while, but had plenty of crashes when I used to. Their computer-generated calculation of the refund always included the return of the fee.

It was the case then, and it still is the case now (I just checked), that Party's explicitly stated policy is to refund trny fees for trny's that crash any time during. See MainLobby / GamesRules&Options / Games Rules / Tournaments / (scroll down to) Disconnect protection and cancellation policy / (scroll down to) Multi-table tournaments. Or just go to http://www.partypoker.com/how_to_pla...scon_canc.html

[ QUOTE ]
MULTI-TABLE TOURNAMENTS:
If a tournament is cancelled due to technical issues the following refund policy will be implemented: Eliminated players at the time of cancellation will not be refunded their buy-in (amount that goes to the prize pool) or entry fee (amount the house takes).

Players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation will be refunded as follows:

1.Prize money equal to the amount that would have been awarded to the next player getting eliminated from the tournament will be awarded to all the players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation.

2.Of the balance prize pool left awarding as per point 1, 50% of the remaining prize pool will be distributed equally between all players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation and 50% of the remaining prize pool will be distributed on a percentage basis at the time of cancellation based on their chip count.

3.Their entry fee (for example: $3 in a $30+$3 tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume you got a computer-generated calculation of your refund? If it did not include fee refunds then they've deliberately changed it so it conflicts with their policy statement.

Drawing this to their attention will either:
a) quickly get you your refund, or
b) quickly get the policy document changed.