View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 05:31 AM

Default NFL Week 3 Picks Thread

I liked how that worked with group thread for College yesterday. Feel free everyone to post picks in this thread if you don't want to start your own.

My Picks are:
Texans +7.5 -135 to win 1u
Falcons +4.5 -115 to win 1u
Jets -3 -105 to win 0.5u
Packers +7 -120 to win 0.5u

If we were aloud to post links here I'd give a link to my more detailed reasoning, but let me just give a short version instead.

With 3 games I'm betting home dogs where where most of the squares I know like the home favorite.

quick cheat sheet:

Packers: This is a chargers team with all new coaches, giving them respect because of last years performance I think is a bit to much. This line is pretty insulting. I was watching around 2 hours ago when the board where lighting up all over the place and got a good line at +7 here at 5 Dimes . The the time the Jets and Packers line was going nuts moving every 2 minutes including under props, reduced and straight on both alternate lines. I landed on a lucky # here.

Texans: Colts seem to be in these close division games all the time. I know at -130 this needs to win 57.5%+ to make a profit. The fact its the Colts and this crosses the 7 in full when the consensus line is 6 I think there is plenty of room here.

Falcons: Most of this is a strict public fade but also I'm not sure about Carolina. They beat the Rams week 1 who seemed to be a team Sports Center etc. was given all this credit to preseason and really the Rams don't seem very good. Carolina then blew a lead last week at home. I'm not really buying into them being anything special this year yet. We'll see maybe they are but the big public lean is enough for me. Hopefully the better Harrington shows up for this game.

Jets: I've watched both Jets games in full a couple times. I actually though their offenses was looking great against the Pats but it was just that the Pats were absolutely light out on both sides of the ball that game. Last week they showed signs of life coming close to a big come back against the Ravens. Miami's defense might slow the Jets down some but I don't think their offense can keep up. All this + Miami always loses the Jets. I've got nothing but square thinking on this game, but I'm playing it anyways.

YTD NFL Record on 2+2 picks 0-0 +0.00u
YTD NFL Record on my blog 6-4 +4.12u

Next week I'll try to write a better forum post version. I'm super tired right now though.