View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Insane HH from Niagara 10k involving THE Vanessa Rousso (and Shani

btw let me give another example of why this debate of whether we'd rather raise to 150 utg with 74s or simply throw the chips in the gutter is really strange.

Imagine we are in the BB. Imagine we have 74s! Imagine that the blidns are 100-200. Imagine that it's min raised with a few callers. Are you honestly going to fold 400 BB's deep there? Even if it's limped it's a relatively similar example, but we aren't going to simply muck our hands, because we expect ourselves to be able to control our play and not throw away chips with marginal hands out of position postflop.

Again I understand that there are some differences between what I said above and the actual situation in the hand, but the differences aren't that great. If we were so bad that it was -EV to simply see a flop with certain hands, then it would be correct to muck pre flop instead of checking our option in the BB. If anyone ever posted a situation in which they did so, everyone on the forum would call them a raving idiot. Or perhaps this thread will create a new fad of people mucking from the BB preflop so that they avoid future mistakes and reverse implied odds and etc.