View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Forum Political Identity Poll

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is a difficult place to judge your ideology, a lot of anarchists/libertarians. I'd rely more on the test, unless you want national health care, are strongly pro-union, anti-free trade, and it told you that you are conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just find most of the issues to be so blury. I'm for national health care, but mostly for practical reasons. I'm pro union, because I think that workers treated individually will just get crushed. But I think SEIU and the other big ones that operate in the USA are awful (largely because the leadership doesn't seem to get working class issues). And I'm not Anti-Free trade, I just think that "free-trade" is just a euphemism...as in, it's not free trade, it's free trade for some things...and if one has to choose which things are going to be traded freely and which ones aren't then you can't rely on any appeals to economics unless it is purely utilitarian and unbiased, like opening up professional occupations to free trade because that's where the most money will be saved.