View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Have questions about poker site customer service?

Here's an example of something CSRs (this was PartyPoker's notoriously bad customer service dept. circa 2004) are not trained to handle:

My friend was in a large tournament, I believe a Saturday 200K guaranteed, somewhere near the bubble, on a somewhat short stack. Due to some programming glitch, he received the big blind on two consecutive hands (as he didn't get a table change this was contrary to the forward-moving big blind rules posted on their site... one or more players around him had changed tables causing the glitch). He emailed support wanting some sort of refund or compensation, and support asked if the issue hurt him in the tournament. He said of course, having a forced bet that he isn't supposed to is obviously bad. The CSR replied that since he made the money and profited in the tournament while the problem happened before he was guaranteed any money, the extra big blind must have helped him. Over a series of emails the CSR refused to admit either that the blind hurt him, and refused to admit that players weren't supposed to be double big blinded in tournaments.

Over the years this sort of incident was par for the course for Party. Some (most?) of Party's CSRs barely understood poker. No real question here, just explaining the sort of issue I think another poster was discussing.