View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/0BE7AAF6-...13DA8D83A.aspx

I received a phone call late last night from someone in the UB/AP system....

" What if the latest release from AP is all that they can give you?" "Are the people causing the most uproar over this going to risk killing online poker just to hang someone?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me put it this way, Tom/AJ/whomever, since I know you're reading this: multiple senior executives at a company *blatantly* cheat their customers, cover it up four times by my count (not just the fact it was them, but the fact that it ever occurred), and then ask whether I'd personally be satisfied with coverup #5 in order to keep the heat off the game as a whole.

What the [censored] am I supposed to do here, guys? You tell me. You're presumably not completely braindead, so let me know at which point I'm supposed to stop calling for blood when I know you still have anything to do with operational control of the company holding lots of people's money. In this happy fun regulation-free ancap paradise world online poker belongs in, nobody's going to jail, but do you think you can possibly see your way around to my side of things, the one where this suggestion you're making is pretty [censored] hilarious?

[/ QUOTE ]

This - the question in the phone call you mention - is one of the most disturbing things I have read in these threads. Together with the fact that Absolute Poker in the last day has leaked half a dozen very unofficial mails etc about a forthcoming statement, it seems clear that they are in the process of painting themselves in a corner.

This reminds me quite a bit of political scandals, where the original incedent becomes trivial compared to the process of seeing a politician making up one lie worse than the other until his carreer is over.