View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Pm received by a few of us. Not sure what to think.

also if i managed to get kaj to stop posting on this site by being mean to him in ATF then good riddance. i'm sure he has a new account already or will soon. he is a terrible poster.

in fact, most of the people saying 'if you don't fit into the little mod clique you are [censored]' are just plain bad posters who refuse to follow the rules in OT forums. this site permits a LOT of criticism of mods and a lot of extremely juvenile posts from users who have never contributed anything to this site. there are plenty of posters who have criticized me in the past who i have never acted against and even become pretty cool with (see: many of the BBV posters who don't suck).

this whole 'mods are like a gang who beat up on us unpopular posters' has become popular because we have several loosely moderated forums (ATF, BBV) that basically cater to posters who have been cast out of other forums for sucking. (that is not everyone in BBV but there is a contingent there) they are going to develop a culture and, being feeble-minded 14 year olds with lots of angst, of course that culture is going to be "look at me i'm a loner i'm a rebel i'm an outsider."

i'm not saying we should do anything about this - ATF and BBV are very popular forums that are sometimes very entertaining. i'm saying you people have to look rationally at the root causes of things like this and not wring your hands so much because someone we don't want posting here in the first place says (probably falsely) that he's never coming back.