View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Food for thought:
Indiana 3-0 to start. Are they running hotter then the sun, or were most pundits predictions of a sub 25 win year (including my own prediction) still in sights?
Hornets 4-0 to start. Is this team ready to be talked about with the Rockets, Jazz, and Nuggets, or is this a product of running fast out of the gate?
Clippers 3-0 w/o Brand or Livingstone; did everyone overlook them?

Bulls 0-4 record to start is somewhat reminiscent of last year. But is there a cause to worry, or do we need to start saying "lottery bound" rather then "Eastern Conference Champs" ?
Golden State had the toughest early schedule, but they have yet to win. Most assumed they'd be in the playoff hunt, but are they shooting themselves out of it?
Finally, the three teams EVERYONE knew would be awful - Seattle, Portland, and Minnesota - which team gets the first win of the batch!?!?!

*Disclaimer is that it's super early and some teams really do NEED to gel before they rack up wins. Also, some schedules are more indusive towards gaining easy wins (or vica versa), so I do know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Answering my own questions, also (just trying to spark conversation!) -
I think the Pacers are due for a 20 game losing streak.
Hornets are the real deal, I think they are 7th in the west MINIMUM if if they play above expectation can compete with the Rockets for #4.
Clippers will fall off, nothing to see here.

Bulls will readjust, but something tells me reaching 50 wins will be quite difficult...
Warriors may NOT, watching the games the moron announcers talk about people replacing Jrich. Him not being there - same with Sjaxx serving the suspension - hurts a TON. This was such a young team last year and they got even younger, it's as though they didn't want to press their luck from last year and instead are still in "rebuild" mode.
I think TBlazers will get win 1. Will be quite the race!

[/ QUOTE ]
Just going to bump this section, because Pacers are on a much expected losing streak; Hornets are keeping up with a solid start; and the Clips since starting 3-0 are .500. Bulls are not recovered yet but atleast they've shown they can WIN, Golden State is the lone defeated team, and Portland not only got the first win, but the second one too, and a winning streak to boot!