View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: A little golf quiz for fun.

Interesting. My guesses in white:
<font color="white">
1. Vijay. Although his season was considered an off-year, I think he actually played well, just not so much in the win column.

2. Furyk. I think he's sponsored by Srixon and probably plays that ball. I seem to remember him breaking away from Titleist in the last year or two.

3. Could be any, but I'm going with Sabbatini because while Daly has an underrated short game, he and Harrington had off seasons (until the British for Paddy). Rory had a great start to the season.

4. Well you listed Ogilvy twice? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Mostly I picked him though because he hits it a ton and Bubba is almost too easy of a choice.

5. $76M. Just seems right, he's had a couple of $10M seasons and has played for 11 years now.

6. Singh. Has been around longer than Phil, has had better seasons than Phil, and can't see it being Furyk.

7. Going Gay (not literally), Stricker only recently resurfaced and was said to have problems putting (IIRC), wheras Badds has had a mediocre few seasons and I never remember him being a good putter.

8. Singh and Els. I figure Singh has to be one of them as he is always near the top in scoring average and likes to bomb it on par 5s, this was the only choice in which he was listed.

9. Going with Woods. Phil's short game is overrated and I don't recall Singh being remarkable from the sand.

10. Firestone. Mostly because it's a tough par 70 and also a WGC event. Bay Hill went to a par 70 this year but I don't recall scores being particularly high. And TPC Southwind is kind of a one-off event that I can't imagine played that hard.</font>

Good quiz. Feel free to post the answers.