View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Default 1934 Was the Hottest? 1050 AD Was MUCH Hotter

[ QUOTE ]
The finding is totally overblown. 1998 was 0.02 degrees hotter than 1934 before the correction. Now it's 0.01 degrees colder. This is versus a temperature anomaly in both years of around 1.25. Look at the changes listed in the blog. This is a very small correction, and doesn't at all invalidate the trend we've been seeing in the last 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh? 20 years makes a trend with regard to weather?
Your standards are almost as low as the Man-Causes-Global-Warming Cult Priests (Al Gore, etc...)

In the medieval warming period, Greenland was green. The Vikings could grow crops and had plentiful grass to feed their animals. If we had thermometers during that time, the 1934 temp record would have been smashed....EASILY. This phenomenon took place all over Europe, North Atlantic, and perhaps beyond. But since we did not have thermometers back then or global temperture stations....we can't know with certainty what the temperatures were and whether this was a world-wide phenom or not.... What is certain is this period was a HUGE weather event and the MCGW Cult likes to pretend this period never happen. They are like the child that closes his eyes and says, "If I can't see the monster then he can't eat me. If I can't see the monster then he can't eat me. If I........"

The 'science' of man-caused global warming (MCGW) is ludicous. Their methodology they use to make their conclusions would make REAL scientists cringe in horror. But if you put their views on TV, make an Al Gore documentary, and have politicians pump money into anyone that backs their views... then uneducated masses eat up their claims like candy.....

The MCGW Cult even using temp data from 1850. Nevermind this readings are likely incorrect. To take a proper temperture reading requires a PRISTINE process that even today nitwits like NASA can't get right. So I'm suppose to believe the people in 1850 with lousy thermometers and poor process got right? er....yeah. Taking the temperature is more than about reading a thermometer. Proper thermometer placement is CRITICAL. Shade, humidity, wind, heat from building, etc... can affect temperature readings. I once heard a story of a radio startion was a site of offcial temp reading. The problem was they placed their thermometer near two air conditioning compressors....WHOOPS!

Some examples of temperature errors include:
*A lazy technician places a thermometer outside his house in the dead of winter. Not thinking the warth of the house affects his readings.
*Placing a thermometer in the shade as oppose to out in the sun. Also if the thermometer is on a post, the positioning of the sun could put shade on the thermometer and affect the readings.
*Not taking the temperature at the EXACT time of day....every day. As we all know temp reading get hotter in the afternoon and cool at night. A person that is 1-hour late in taking the temp has screwed-up and invalidated the data. I have no doubts that many scientists in 1850 trusted the temp readings to servants and the servants ALWAYS followed the correct procedures....yes?
*Placing a thermometer near a river or lake where the wind could cool the readings where if the thermometer was move 2 km, then the temps would be hotter....

Taking temp readings that are to be used for climate models must be 100% pristine and accurate. The MCGW cult does not have this data.....