View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: 50NL- JJ OOP Street By Street

OK, so I elected to call. I think I agree that a raise probably would have been better, but at the time I felt like it was marginal either way. If he had not been raising over a limper I probably would have raised, but I felt like the fact that he was raising over a player already in the pot MIGHT narrow his range slightly upward, and that pushed me to just call and make the hand less volatile.

Flop decision:

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $98.20
UTG+1: $56.70
MP1: $9
CO: $30.90
Button: $23.65
Hero: $52.45
BB: $10

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.5, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $5.5</font>, Button folds, Hero ????

Ok, so I checked because we are 4 to this flop, and while I'm still ahead of UTG+1 range, I have no idea about the other two. Since I'm 90% certain that UTG+1 will bet if I check, I figure I'll get another crack at betting this round, but after seeing what UTG and the button do. If anyone disagrees with this check, I'm interested.

Anyway, so now that I've checked, the button has folded, and UTG doesn't look particularly strong, what's the play? I'm still well ahead of UTG+1's range, but he could easily have overs here. Do I want to raise and charge him, or call and keep the pot small?

Note: I do not have a good read on whether he'll fire a second barrel with overs here on the turn.