View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 08:01 PM

Default 50NL- JJ OOP Street By Street

Ok, I'd like to take this hand street by street because I was really uncertain about all of my decisions and I never felt like I had a solid plan. The is mainly because UTG+1 was very loose (45/20) and bad at poker, so I knew going in it was going to be difficult to figure out where I was in the hand.

First Decision- PF:

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $98.20
UTG+1: $56.70
MP1: $9
CO: $30.90
Button: $23.65
Hero: $52.45
BB: $10

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, Hero ????

My thoughts here- I figured that even with villain raising a limper I am still pretty far ahead of his range. With him being so loose, there's a good argument for raising to isolate rather than calling and inviting a big multiway pot. With QQ I'd certainly raise to isolate, and with TT I'd call and play for set value. JJ seems kind of borderline to me. I'm also OOP, so building a big pot with a villain who will be hard to read might not be my best course of action. OTOH, playing for set value against a villain who might not have much seems like I might be de-valuing my hand. Finally, I hate getting 4bet here. Thoughts?