View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: How to build credit

Henry,

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize you can't make an act less sketchy by pointing out that the person / company you are taking advantage of also engages in questionable behaviour. If you rob a drug dealer you are still a thief.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not stealing because you are working within the system, and not breaking any rules. plus, we all know that robbing a criminal isn't as "sketchy" as robbing an old lady.

[ QUOTE ]
If this was an acceptable method of making money then high net worth individuals would take advantage of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. The reason high net worth individuals don't take part is because its not "acceptable" because we never see high net worth individuals doing things that aren't acceptable. Nice connection you made there.

[ QUOTE ]
While I full realize it is legal it nevertheless has a tinge of impropriety. To me avoiding that is certainly worth considerably more than $6k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play poker?

[ QUOTE ]
f $6k/year is worth that to most of the people in BFI

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure nobody in BFI would turn down a free $6k. Obviously, not everyone is doing this and its not "free" because you're investing time, but $6k for what could amount to filling out some forms and keeping tabs, I'm pretty sure that if there was a laid out plan a lot would do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
involved with sketchy actions

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure do love that word "sketchy" huh? So where do you draw the line? Say I have $5k on a credit card and I get an offer for 0% for 6 months and I transfer. Then, 5 months later, I get another offer for 0% and I transfer again. Am I wrong to do so? Am I just being "sketchy" and gaming the system? I'm screwing over the second CC company out the interest they deserve after they were so generous to give me 6 months at 0%! What about if a bank offers a extra 1% on CDs for people that have a checking account with them. Would it be wrong to open a checking account with them just to get the higher rate on the CD?

I know you think that your stance is on some moral high ground, but in reality, it seems to be based on a pretty sketchy understanding of how this all works.