View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: NL50 - AA in LP versus SB pre-flop Reraise

I see what you're going for, but was the smooth call really necessary here? What are you trying to accomplish? You raised in early position, so it's not like you appear to be on a steal. He saw that, and likes his hand enough to put 20% of his stack in. I think a push preflop gets called most of the time, and a smaller 3 bet gets called almost always. I think the only reason you smooth call here is you have some read that he might be reraising light AND you think he'll stack off with a weak hand.

He's not super aggro, so if he has AKs or maybe QQ you might not get his stack if AKs whiffs or overcards hit. You probably will anyway, but i would probably just reraise him half his stack preflop if not move all in.

As played you can't fold. $10 preflop basically commits your stack. If he had TT just note he plays terrible, and next time he reraises you just get him all in preflop with AA-QQ.

Is this a play you guys use a lot? I'm wondering what situations this would be a good play without a specific read.