View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: This OP demonstrates many intellectual inadequacies.

[ QUOTE ]
However, there is no doubt whatsoever that her performance before the Committee was exceptionally well handled. In no way did your gripes, even if true, detract from her effectiveness in her testimony and Q&A performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was unable to view her testimony, but reading the accounts, all I could think was, "man, we couldn't find a better face for our cause?" Mrs. Duke is very intelligent and thinks well on her feet. She got across all the points that needed to be said. However, she's just so damn unlikeable. What you say, sadly, is not nearly as important as how you say it. Who, listening to Annie's belligerent bitching and whining would actually want to help our cause? Who looks at her and sees a hard-working mother of 4? I've got nothing against Annie, I'm sure she's a wonderful person. In fact, I even got an autograph from her (to my aunt) which she was happy to sign. But I'm sure she knows as well as I that she's just not that likeable. So yes, in my mind, there is considerable doubt that she was an EFFECTIVE speaker. I'd much have her behind the scenes preparing statements for others to read. We can find a better champion.

All that said, great thanks to Annie for all that she has done for this cause. As to her "cheating", angle shooting isn't cheating. It's just bad manners.