Old 11-24-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Week 11 AFC Rankings

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12. Chiefs 4-6

This team is a playoff team soon. Maybe not next year, but certainly in 2009. The defense is solid. Croyle looked alright for his first start ever against a very good Indy pass defense. Bowe's TD catch was just disturbing. If they can start putting together a decent O-Line, they could be a force in the AFC for several years.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by "disturbing" you mean a horrible call, then I agree. The ball was in his hands when he got his feet down, but he had trapped it between his legs by the time he hit the ground. In no way shape or form was that a legit catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

trapping it between your legs is allowed if the ref rules that it is in control - the call was a good one b/c he had control of the ball in his legs (which I admit is pretty rare)

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be a good call if he had landed in bounds with the ball between his legs but he didn't. He tapped his feet then bobbled the ball and eventually wedged it between his legs but he definitely did not have control of the ball until well after his feet had touched. By the time he controlled it with his legs he was well out of bounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I don't have the replay handy, but it looked fine to me. it was also reviewed at the time and they found nothing wrong with it

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, the camera angle was terrible and inconclusive. If the ref ruled no catch on the field it would have stood.