View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Has anyone taken the CFA exams?

I feel I might be interested in working in the investments field in the future, and since this is a pretty lengthy process I figure I might as well get started and attempt to take the level I exam even if I'm not completely sure I'll finish it. If anything it'll be something to talk about or put on my resume as I'll be graduating soon.

I'm wondering if anyone has taken it, and how difficult it is to pass the level I exam with only a couple months of prep time. I've taken maybe four courses relating to finance and investments, which I know is not very much at all. However, from what I've read, level I is not TOO difficult and I'd really like to know if I could cram for a month or two and pass it with currently a mediocore understanding of most topics.

Edit: I've browsed a few forums and realize that I've severely underestimated the time committment that I would be giving it. I would still really want to give it a try at June, if only to perhaps add to a resume/interview, and would really appreciate any experiences people have had with it.