View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: \"Nut Peddling\"? PLO/8

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a real question. It appears to me that "nut peddling" as you guys call it is simply proper play for PLO/8.Especially low buy-in games. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

mrroyboy,

Despite the jokes so far, I think this is a great thread. I appriciate your willingness to learn and your open ear- you'll go far in life with those qualities.

I very much agree with you that nut-peddling can win money at the softer games. Many of the regulars here critisized my play as overly tight and weak when I was first learning, yet I consistently beat $1/2 and below playing that way. I wouldn't suggest playing any higher though with a simple nut peddling approach. I wish you the very best in your endeavors.

Love,
Assani

[/ QUOTE ]

Nut-Peddling is a relative thing depending on the stakes and number of players playing.

Assani's play (and Megadisgruntled's too) don't really come close to the nut-peddling definition that BUZZ laid out. Both of these guys are fairly tight pre-flop, (but not ridiculously) and both aldo know (when to bet and call with strong drawing hands) and have pretty decent reads on people. They may be relative nut-peddlers in the $400--> games, but more or less they are solid but not overly aggressive.

When I think of nut-peddling, I think of people that have VPIP fairly well below 20%, pre-flop raise less than 5% of the time, and win money < than 30% of the time they see the flop, but a high percentage of the time > 65% that they see showdown.

I really can't say how far this strategy can get you. Seems like Rainaruby was doing this at a fairly high level (like $1000) stakes at Party and I believe was a winner. But that was when the tables were rich with Fish. With so many games being 6-max, and filled with aggressive players that know what they are doing, I would think being a Nut-Peddler would be really tough above the $200 level in today's game.