View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Can we just get preflop out of the way? part I

[ QUOTE ]
I think this conversation needs to be expanded to play in the blinds. Its much easier as we all know to play in position, what are the characteristics of hands in the blinds and the characteristics of the opponents playing style/position are we looking for to make a call correct (baring the obvious stack size concerns)?

PS: I'm soaking all this up fast. Very nice, much easier here than in the SSNL/MSNL forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the players raising out of the CO/button are mega fish, I play my blinds. If they have a really huge leak that I can easily exploit I play my blinds. If they are medicore/boring players who play pretty well but not amazing but dont spew in any particular category i fold. If they play like me or can be tricky, do funny things sometimes or people i don't want at the table i 3bet... a lot. if they call or 4bet a lot i just fold and change gears. if they give up on the flop i 3bet or play a lot more. Mostly just because I want to be table captain and make them leave. If i make their lives really uncomfortable and expensive they will stop playing with me. This is what I want. But this is all a lot more feeling then standard play. Standard play dictates fold at will, play when you have a good hand... so the lower the stakes, say .25-$2 blinds fold a lot more than you would at 2/4 - 5/10. This is all probably pretty obvious...but it goes on and on and on and most times is influenced by tempo.