View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Can we just get preflop out of the way? part I

I used to play a lot of 6max, I agree in the beginning just nit it up in early spots to avoid difficult decisions. As in UTG/UTG+1 all pairs, AJo+, ATs+, that's it. once you get comfortable open it up by all means... Over all of my databases I ran at like 24/20 (+/-2) for each... utg I was normally something like 15/14. There is no reason to play a lot of hands early unless you are so much better than everyone at the table that your position isn't as much of a big deal. This is a very rare situation, especially nowadays so ignore it.

That said, I liked to think my ranges were (all things being equal, no weird history or weird tendency of blinds)

UTG/UTG+1 all pairs, ATo+, Axs+, JTs+, QTs+, KTs+, KQo

CO/Button: i'm always raising. If there was a limper everything above, and 43s+, 64s+, 74s+, A9o+ j9o+, K9o+, KTo+

Co/Button with me opening: any two cards I play so, everything above and Axo+, Kxs+, offsuit 1,2,3 gappers.

I feel like a book could be written just on playing out of the blinds to a raise against opponents so for now it's easy to just say surrender at will. Later on you can start getting creative, but always surrendering your blind in the beginning and just playing all your hands for a raise with position will make you tons of $$$. When you get really good and comfortable playing out of the blinds will just add to your bottom line.