View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Another all in play

mike, no problem...

in the first instance, you're letting the blinds in very cheaply. so someone will hit the flop. you have a weak ace and that guy before could easily be limping a strong hand looking for the reraise.... basically when you get short-stacked, it's all about going all-in with some combo of decent hand and position. it's all power poker. no post-flop unless you had really strong hand pre-flop and are basically putting the rest in (occasionally you'll get a flop so bad, you might fold... but AA-QQ, i'd say my money's going in post-flop pretty much no matter what. also, small raise is probably better than limping. depends on opponents (you'll learn that "everything depends")

and when i said 10X, i meant 10X the big blind = your stack. harrington (the best poker writer, and i don't think there's too much debate) looks at M which is stack/(money in pot before hand starts)...... but 8-10X big blind = get all your money in with decent hand and position. can't remember if there were much bigger stacks at table. i think there were. the limper is somewhat troublesome as he could be waiting for you to raise so he can re-raise. without the limper, i'd be going all-in with A3o (although it's huge trouble if someone wakes up with ATo or 66, for instance.... key question is whether hand like A7o or 33 folds.)

hope that helps... i love books although i know they cost money... tons of stuff on internet about tournaments. looks at "shifting gears", final table, M, etc. as searches.....

not sure if he gets into real short-stacked stuff... but darse's no-limit tourney primer is great and FREE.