View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Why I don\'t care about the news

[ QUOTE ]
As far as stuff like "entertainment news" goes, i cant see how people COULD care. Who in the hell cares how many times britney spears goes to rehab or shows her vag while getting out of a car? Or how paris hilton and lindsay lohan got in some cat fight. Same goes for [censored] like the Anna Nicole situation. While I was at commerce a few weeks back, that was ALL you heard about even on legit channels like CNN. Someone plz tell me how that story was important to anyone other than the people involved. Im guessing the stations just kept plastering her all over teh screen because they knew it would be weeks b4 most guys got sick of staring at her boobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. People's fascination with pop culture is incredibly lame (I work in Hollywood, so my perspective could be skewed, cause it's a fairly dominant topic of conversation).

To extend this idea - one thing that's difficult for me to understand is how a person gets really invested in a movie, or TV show, when they had nothing to do with it on any level.

I can see getting upset if the movie doesn't get produced, or the TV series gets canceled (for example, if somehow Season 5 of The Wire doesn't get produced I will quit my job and start campaigning for its return) - but beyond that don't quite get emotional / personal investment in things you have no stake in.

-Al