View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Re: **uNL Concept of the week: Week 5, Reverse Implied Odds**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so now that we all know what RIO is, what do you do to avoid losing more than winning?
You can't expect people to c/f JJ on a 678r flop? Right?
I admit that I hate those situations and feel lost just about every time this happens. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I'm at. You can't fold an overpair everytime the board pairs or is draw heavy and villian bets into you. For example, I'm betting into your JJ with TT in the above hand, yet JJ is a solid favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. -these are tricky marginal situations for sure -as long as we keep them marginal and don't put too much monies in then they shouldn't affect our winrate much.

I think this comes down to knowing your villan and handreading erring on the side of folding vs. unknowns/when unsure.
As long as we don't put too much money in the pot then we should be able to charge drawers /weaker hands and only lose some when we're behind.

The JJ hand I cbet OOP then shutdown, in positon I'll check not worring about a free card or bet the turn if I suspect villan is drawing. I did this yesterday -river completed a str8 villan bet the river and I folded knowing I he likely hit as he check-called on teh flop &turn.

I didn't payoff his river bet and he flashed the str8.

If bet into on drawy board by bluffers/drawers I often raise IP if they reraise I obv fold but if they call they are often drawing/weak overpair esp. if they lead turn weak. I often call the turn weak lead and let them bluff a blank river. Note this applies HU -multiway I'm likely folding.

Just some rambling thoughts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Anyone else got advice/thoughts on these tricky situations?