View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL 11/05/07 NFL MNF (Monday) GAME THREAD (BAL @ PIT)***

[ QUOTE ]
More than the Ravens, despite the fact that the Ravens are CLEARLY a worse team than Clev, even coming into last night's game? If this line is Clev +10 or more, it might be my biggest play of the year. Clev has been very good at covering the spread this year...they're a very solid football team.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, we are in complete agreement that CLE is clearly better than the Ravens. I also agree with you that this was obvious even before last night's game; however, the linesmakers have been giving the Ravens an inordinate amount of respect because of their reputation (earned over recent seasons) and winning record (against the easiest schedule in the NFL).

It looks like this line has opened as PITT -9.5. This surprises me because the line was PITT -10 before Sunday.

Anyway, this spread is not so much a knock on CLE, but is rather due to the PIT being considered the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFL. Cleveland is about an average team and no better.

I still think this spread should be -10.5, but it looks like it has opened at -9.5.