View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Moving up to NL25 - memo to self

I'm still working on this as well and I am pretty much in the same situation as you. I'm bouncing back and forth, but mostly sticking to 25NL.

To me it just seems like more of a level adjustment in terms of pot and bet sizes and bankroll as well, as I used to play up to 50NL too. I am well bankrolled for 25NL but it seems like more of a hit than losing a stack at 10NL (ie. 4 buyins at 25NL = 10 buyins of what you are used to at 10NL, whereas 4 buyins at 50NL = 8 buyins at 25NL which doesn't feel quite as bad). That and I find that I have a bit of an aversion to betting past the $1 mark that is standard preflop at 25NL for 4BB+1 although I had no hesitation about doing this at 10NL. To me I think I have to get over playing scared basically.

It seems like the bluff/float percentage goes up a bit as well and I'm a little more paranoid of being pushed off the best hand when villain has air although I'm sure this must be wrong (and it usually is).

I made a similar post to this a little while ago and Rapid Evolution had some good points: Linky

Watching some videos at the 25NL level helped as well: Videos
I think there's some more videos in the one of the NL/PL forum stickies, either micro or small stakes.