View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: 2 Hands [Learning PLO8]

Hand 1: standard and fine IMO on all streets, if you're just learning. Think about how you led out on the flop and ended up behind the one caller from then on. If the low comes, will you know where you stand? OK to bet there, and good for you for shutting it down from then on. Not sure a bluff on the end representing A378 is worth it, and without reads, probably not.

Hand 2: It's all too easy to get in trouble with hands like this. Preflop you can raise, but think about the action behind you. I used to open raise here much more often than I do now, because you want others to come along. The only highs you win are wheels and nut flushes (realistically), so you're focused on making a low and hoping for some luck on the high. Isolation plays with this hand aren't max +EV, and all too often an open here will result in HU or vs blinds play. The CBet once you're in is fine, and shutting down again is an important skill to use once you know your hand is tenuous at best. On this safe of a river though, you need to just pot it or fake a value bet (read-dependent) some of the time, or you'll have too timid of a table image, at least that's my thinking. A half pot bet on the end, checked to you, is an inexpensive enough way to fake broadway, and chase out anything less than two really good pairs.