View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

I'll just post my own completely subjective rankings instead of trying to critique Yahoo's.

1. Quinton Jackson
2. Wanderlei Silva
3. Dan Henderson
4. Mauricio Rua
5. Forrest Griffin
6. Keith Jardine
7. Chuck Liddell
8. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
9. Ricardo Arona
tT. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
tT. Lyoto Machida

Even though Jardine beat Griffin, he's lost to Alexander and lost to Bonnar (a guy Griffin beat twice). I also think Forrest victory over Rua was more impressive than Jardine over Chuck. I don't drop Rua below Griffin because I still subjectively think that Rua beats Shogun more than 5 out of 10, though I really wouldn't mind flip-flopping them.

Wanderlei and Henderson could flip flop, but Henderson just lost a 5 round decision to a guy Wanderlei beat twice, handily. Again, though, I wouldn't mind flip-flopping these two either.

I almost considered leaving Nogueira off and putting Machida at 10. If Machida gets by Sokoudjou, I think he moves up to 9 and Sok probably falls off my top 10.

I've also been working on a project similar to beatpaths.com for MMA. I'm still trying to work out some things (like how far back I should consider and stuff like that), but I might be able to put up a sample of the middleweight division in the next week or two if anyone's interested.