View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Any updates on Tommy Angelo\'s book?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ithought this book would be great, but
To be honest the excerpt in the 2+2 mag does not look very interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

question - what did you expect from the book? i ask because the quote was classic Tommy, it was exactly what I expect and would want to read. His specialty is in how to mentally approach the game and the adjustments that need to be made to be "one with the table".

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a big fan of Tommy Angelo and agree with pokerpun's assessment; it was pretty unimpressive and not useful at all to an online player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy's book looks like it will be closer in concept to the psychological components of Barry G's book than a traditional strategy book, but thats fine since thought process is what separates an expert player from world class players. I know a lot of very good players on 2+2 in real life because I travel a lot for business and live in Vegas, the #1 "leak" in the best of this bunch's game is not strategic; its how they approach the game where the mistakes are commonly made.

I think topics such as Quitting, Anticipation, Fears, Moving Up, Entitlement and Self-Perpetuating Tiltlessness are challenges for all players yet its one of the least addressed components of a players game. I doubt very much anyone will find a magic bullet in Tommy's work, but you will find some self improvement - if (and only if) thats what your looking for.