View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Ask me about growing up with a Bi-Polar parent

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
did she ever take that bi- polar test? i think its pretty new; its a measure of 1 - 100 on how 'bi - polar' u are. Stephen Fry (English presenter / comedian) got sumthin like 65 - 70, and they were saying he got it pretty bad. Your mum, sounds like she was affected a lot worse. Altho, i dread to think how bad / primitive tthe treatmnt was 40 years ago.

Dominic was it lithium th med ur dad came off? i know taking it and coming off it is alot worse then never taking it

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know what it was...it was fairly recently...he went on it and was fine...so he thought he was all better and stopped taking it. Now we're trying to get him to take it again. He thinks it's a weakness and he should be able to do without it, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic! Happens all the time with people who have a mental illness!!! The drug works exactly as intended, they feel normal and think they are cured. That and the whole stigma/weakness thing with needing drugs to keep your sanity. It is quite a roller coaster ride for them as well as everyone around them.