View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: (razz) Why do they bet here? What should I do?

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, is TT posting on SG's account?

I absolutely raise/(cap?) here most importantly because you can then take a free card if you choose on a later street since you're in position w/ the K up and you're a 54% favorite against 3 to an 8.

Also, this is $1/$2, so the villain will probably not be paying attention to gain much information as a result of your raise. Finally, it can be great for metagame down there because people will be "zOMG he raised w/ a K?????!!?!?!?!"

At the higher levels you would probably be betraying your hand by 3-betting, however, calling indicates you're not on a steal anyway and the value of being able to take a free card probably becomes more important.

I think raising here has more upside than downside (esp. this low), and I will not pass up on small edges; this isn't a tournament.

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooooh low blow. I didn't say to fold on 4th did I? You have a small edge here, so without considering future sts then betting/raising is of course slightly +EV. We simply disagree on what's most valuable on future sts. I'm looking to keep the nature of my downcards a mystery rather than turning them face up. Maybe I can induce a bet on 5th that I can raise with a big draw.

You're looking for a free card later. What are you going to catch on 5th where you're going to get a free card when you need it?