View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: (razz) Why do they bet here? What should I do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (3.65 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___???
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Why on earth does he bet here? Because he thinks it's a pure steal? Should I raise to show I'm not FOS? What about 5th if I brick? If I check-call here I think I have to fold 5th if I brick, and I guess I should even if I raise here because it'll still only be like 2.5bb in the pot. But he could have total crap here and I'm drawing to a live, strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, it's a silly bet. The SW prompted him to bet (act first) so he bet since a Q<K obv. Don't compound the issue by making a silly raise. Riasing for ego doesn't usually get you very far, and declaring to him "My complete on 3rd wasn't FOS" only gives away information for a very thin value bet, and no fold equity. His hand is defined (he can't have crap in the hole and call you with an 8 door card on 3rd can he??), and yours is a complete mystery except your probably have KJxx or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, is TT posting on SG's account?

I absolutely raise/(cap?) here most importantly because you can then take a free card if you choose on a later street since you're in position w/ the K up and you're a 54% favorite against 3 to an 8.

Also, this is $1/$2, so the villain will probably not be paying attention to gain much information as a result of your raise. Finally, it can be great for metagame down there because people will be "zOMG he raised w/ a K?????!!?!?!?!"

At the higher levels you would probably be betraying your hand by 3-betting, however, calling indicates you're not on a steal anyway and the value of being able to take a free card probably becomes more important.

I think raising here has more upside than downside (esp. this low), and I will not pass up on small edges; this isn't a tournament.

-ChipsAhoya