View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

also, it was DeWalt that pulled her aside. she didn't really fight it, but she made it clear that she wanted to climb. hah, they fights likes they married!

also also, they were not in my class. both of them have been climbing for a couple of years and just boulder. DeWalt knows how to sport climb, but he's not at all amazing. His tool move: making fun at my intro class not being on the up and up of climbing. (none of them had ever done ANY climbing which is why they were in this particular class - to learn; novel idea)

bouldering: climb up to where you are comfortable coming off and doing so, usually about 15 feet onto pads, no ropes/harnesses; very popular among the college crowd.
top rope climbing: normal beginner/fun climbing with a rope already in place; go up and come down and that's about it.
sport climbing: the rope is not in place; the lead climber clips the rope as he climbs (aka lead climbing)

The whole deal just pissed me off and since I shared with you all earlier, I figured that I would update. I think I'll reaffirm my oath to avoid dumb girls for a while. back to teh micros...